JFKU Faculty Foundations for Adjuncts (SUMMER SESSION)
Course Description: The online Faculty Foundations for Adjuncts course is a four-day facilitated, asynchronous course that delivers an overview of John F. Kennedy University, provides orientation to the support systems and resources available at JFK, and trains faculty on the use of the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) that you will use to teach your course. Each day you will review engaging presentations and actively participate in guided activities. In addition, you can participate in collaborative discussions with your fellow instructors to share experiences, best practices, and opportunities for student engagement. By the end of the course, you will be ready to teach your online courses at JFK University.
Course Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Navigate the Blackboard Learn environment from a student and instructor perspective
- Engage with students through the use of various collaborative tools
- Assess student work and provide feedback
- Prepare for your course, including the addition of custom content
- Understand the online support services available for faculty and students