Faculty Onboarding Academy
A three-part series of asynchronous courses designed to support faculty members as they prepare to teach their first course for National University.
3-Part Course Series (Brightspace)
The Faculty Onboarding Academy is three-part series of asynchronous courses designed to support faculty members as they prepare to teach their first course for National University (NU).
- OTLS50 National University Faculty Orientation: Introduces faculty to the University’s mission, culture, and organizational structure and provides a snapshot of our community of adult learners and the resources available to support them in achieving their educational goals.
- OTLS100 Brightspace Fundamentals: Explore the Brightspace learning environment and practice setting up your course, engaging with students, evaluating coursework, and managing special circumstances.
- OTLS150 Best Practices for Online Teaching (Launching December 2021): Apply and share best practices for teaching adult learners online in this facilitated course.
- If you have questions as you move through these three courses, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org; we will respond within 24-36 hours during the business week.
- Once you have completed the first two courses, The Office of Teaching and Learning Strategies (OTLS) offers drop-in Faculty Q&A Sessions for additional faculty support. You can find a calendar of upcoming sessions on the Brightspace Training Calendar.